Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kirk Lindo Art- Vampire Bites #1 Cover

The line art for this cover was done with a Windsor Newton Series 7, #3 Brush
which I modified with an X-acto blade.


This is the Cover art to Vampire Bites #1. This was one of the first times that I showed Luxura in a different outfit. One of the things that I made sure I did with Luxura was to change her costumes from time to time. The notion of a female character that wears the same clothes all the time just didn't make sense to me. I also wanted to make sure that Luxura could be identified no matter what she is wearing.

I didn't continue this series because it was just too redundant. There was already a Vamperotica monthly anthology and I ultimately decided not to publish too many of the same type of books. As a small publisher I always kept in the back of my mind that it was better to do fewer books with better quality than to do several books just for the sake of expanding the company. The hair alone on this image took me a full day and a half to complete. The patterns may seem random but I had my own method for exactly what types of lines that I drew and inked in each section.


No comments:

Post a Comment