Monday, May 20, 2013

Panel Art for the Sword of the Apocalypse Graphic Novel

My process for creating the art for the SOTA (Sword Of The Apocalypse) graphic novel is very different from what I have done in the past. Each page of the comic is actually made of 3 individual panels that I draw on an 11 x 17 sheet of Strathmore Drawing Paper.
Pictured Above- A  Panel from the Graphic Novel. The pen and comic are shown to give a relative example of the size. 



I decided to create the art this way so that I can get more detail into each image and to give the comic a greater sense of scale along with a more cinematic look. Every image is firmly set in a realistic environment to help make the story more life-like.
Pictured above- Three panels together take up almost my entire 2.5 x 3.5 foot drawing table.

I had the Luxura logo digitally printed on each sheet along with the panel number. Each illustration will be signed by me and have it's own embossed seal of authenticity. I've always wanted to break out of the traditional constraints of comic creation to tell a story in my own unique way. So far this has been some of the most fun that I have had creating a comic book.

As soon as I get a chance I will show a step-by-step of my process for creating an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment